6.02.2009

52Q.

Back at the beginning of the year, before my life went haywire, I decided to join in on Emily Falconbridge's crafty 52Q challenge. The deal is that each week she poses a question and members of the group make a tag or other small scrapbook-y, crafty response to the question.

I made it to week six before I crashed and burned and haven't made another thing since. But I have been following along (I use Google Reader to keep track of my favorite blogs), reading and thinking about the questions each week. And this week, with question 22, I happened to be in the right place, physically and mentally, to create a tiny something. That's one of the reasons I love this 52Q thing so much--it only requires tiny creations, doable creations.

So here is mine for this week:

Question: Which direction am I going?

Answer:


It is made from a repurposed envelope (which is just a fancy way of saying it was something I'd have otherwise thrown in the trash), and there is an index card inside with journaling about how I don't necessarily know or care what direction I'm going, just as long as I'm moving forward. So how about that, eh? :)

Certainly not my favorite--I'm not thrilled with the way it turned out, but i did get to play with ink and glitter, so it's all good. See: it really is the journey that counts! :)

If you are just dying to see my answers to weeks 1-6, you can check out my Flickr account here. You can also browse other people's contributions--I think the group is up to over 400 members now, so there are quite a few lovely things captured there.

Also, just wanted to say thank you to Cathy & Steph and anyone else who has ever commented here. Your kind words mean the world to me. *big hug*

No comments: