5.16.2010

Tag! Now, wake up!

An amazingly supportive, insightful, superwoman internet friend who writes the blog 15 Minutes recently tagged me with ten questions. I thought I'd answer them as a way of dipping my toes back into the blogging water.


1 -  What MUST you wear for your weekend-kicking-around-clothes?
I'm so completely casual all the time that my weekend clothes aren't really all that different from my weekday clothes! Jeans and a t-shirt, and if I'm cold (and I'm always cold), my bright green knee-high American Apparel socks.

2 - What is your “quote” for life?

Depends on my mood, but right now, I'm all about this one:
"Those who control their passions do so because their passions are weak enough to be controlled." ~William Blake
Is this merely a justification for my own bad behavior? Probably.
3 - If you knew your next meal would be your last, what would you eat?
This is rough because I LOVE to eat. But I suppose it would probably be comfort food like my mom's chicken and dumplings, or in a pinch, a Papa John's ham & pineapple pizza will do. With Cherry Dr. Pepper, of course.


4 - What do you think is the greatest invention of our time?
Cereal. Unless of course, by "our time" you mean my own lifetime, in which case, I would have to say Velcro. Or Tang. God bless NASA.*


5 - You have one day of uninterrupted time alone. What will you do?
I will take a very long, very hot shower and then burrow into my bed with a good book and a box of Hostess Cupcakes. When I wake up from the sugar coma, I will probably write something or scrapbook, or both. Then I might go for a long drive down country roads with my windows down and blast my car stereo as loud as I want.


6 - The beach, the mountains, the desert, the farm country – all are just 30 minutes from you.  Which way will you go?  Why?

BEACH. With a margarita and some good reading material.
7 - This one’s important, now:  Coke or Pepsi?
Coke, always and forever.


8 - What do you think it would be super fun to dress up as for a costume party or Halloween?
Hmm...dunno. I once dressed up for trick or treat as the Bride of Frankenstein, which was pretty awesome. My mom spent an inordinate amount of time working egg whites and all manner of other gooey, gloppy, sticky substances into my waist-length hair to make it stand on end. The 'do was capped off by a wide white streak of baby powder down the middle. I was wearing so much hairspray that Mom gave me a long, serious lecture about not getting near any jack-o-lanterns, lest my coif go up in flames. Fun times.

9 - What absolutely, positively HAS to be on your i-pod (or radio, or mp3 or CD player, or whatever)?
Plenty of Tori Amos.

10 - Its sports day at school….who’s Jersey are you wearing?
What? Sport what? Huh? I don't understand the question. I thought a Jersey was a type of cow...am I wrong?


So there you have it. I'm back. ;)

*p.s. Neither Velcro nor Tang was actually invented in my lifetime. Sometimes I make shit up. I prefer to think this tendency towards fabrication makes me a storyteller. Some say "liar." But, whatever. ;)

3 comments:

Adriane said...

As far as I know, a cow is the only definition for jersey.

chksngr said...

HAHAHA!!! You don't watch ANY sports!?!?!? Not even...like...the Olympics!?!?!? LOVE your answers!! I'm a Tori Amos fan too...she is absolutely HAUNTING!

Unknown said...

LOL, welcome back, you fabricator. :) Glad to see you writing again. I'll have my answers up sometime over the next few days! Have a great day...