8.08.2008

Eat. Sleep. Play. Indy.

I just realized the other day that I never blogged about our getaway weekend back in July. Eli and I took off for what was supposed to be a romantic weekend alone, while Eliot stayed with Eli's parents. It didn't exactly work out as we had planned--Eli got sick that Saturday night and we had to cancel our dinner reservations and ended up coming home on Sunday morning without visiting the museum, doing any shopping, or exploring.

But at least I got to scrapbook about it. hahaha.

This is the one project that I've started and actually finished in ages. I have a ridiculous amount of projects and ideas and half-starts lying around here, and very few of them ever end up as finished products. So I thought I'd share this one that did.

I made this album out of cut up cereal boxes, and it's held together by a single jump ring (kind of like a keychain ring) in the top left corner. I used Photoshop Elements to create the photo collages and just printed everything on my home printer. Rather than giving the album a formal title page, I used this little journaling card and a postcard that I picked up in the hotel giftshop.




One of the things I really like about this album (other than that it's finished) is that it's a messy little informal creation. I stuck in postcards, a receipt, a hotel room key, and other little bits. I just punched through everything with Mom's Crop-a-Dile, which is one of my new favorite tools. It will punch through nearly anything.




I used the "eat, sleep, play, Indy" title to give the album a little bit of cohesiveness, to make all those little bits feel unified. (And to tell the story of our weekend getting hijacked by Eli's flu bug.)



I adore photobooths. We took these shots in a mall in Terre Haute on the way home Sunday. Eli perked up enough for us to stop and shop and have a quick lunch there. He really was trying to be a trooper.



The "play" page shows pictures of our horse-drawn carriage ride through downtown Indianapolis, which turned out to be the highlight of the trip (this was before Eli got sick). It was so romantic, and such a relaxing way to see the city.



The memorial had a penny squisher machine, so I got to add another squished penny to my collection. I used to pick these up all the time on the trips I took with my youth group years ago. I had all but forgotten about squished pennies until I saw the machine in the monument vestibule. Score!



Even sick, my husband is the hottest man I've ever met. Whew!
In this last picture, he's getting ready to go out to dinner because he doesn't want to disappoint me, but then he's sitting on the edge of the bed going, ughhhh....I don't think I can do it. I'm gonna puke.
And I'm like, that's cool. We'll just stay here in the hotel room and I'll take pictures of you and post them on the Internet.



And that was our trip.
A good time was had by all. (Especially Eliot, who had a blast hanging out with Grandma & Grandpa!) :-)

No comments: