2.12.2008

Quick recap.

There is much going on in the Heicher household these days. Let's see...in good news,
last night I went to a performance of The Vagina Monologues with Elecia. It was the third time I've seen it and I loved it once more. Very inspiring. If they do it again next year, I really want to be in the cast. I could so totally do that.

I made Valentines today for a few very select beloved family members. Only a few, because it was very difficult to get Eliot's (and Eli's, for that matter) cooperation with the stamping. Those boys just don't appreciate handicrafts like they should.

And, Eli bought me an electric blanket to keep me warm on the nights he'll be working third shift. I'm under it right now, and so toasty! :-)

On the other hand...
Eli will soon be going to third shift. (Yeah, I said that already, but it bears repeating in the bad news category.)

Eliot and I are STILL battling colds.

Our washing machine broke yesterday.

Today I found out I have Hashimoto's disease, which basically means that my immune system thinks my thyroid is the enemy. It also means I'll probably be getting my blood drawn every month or so from here to eternity. (Ew, punctuated by deep, shoulder-shaking shutter)

Hmmm...just thinking I should have done bad news first, because it's rather depressing to end on that note...

So, to lighten the mood, here's my favorite YouTube video of all time. It makes me indescribably happy to watch this. It also makes me want to teach Eliot to speak in a British accent and stick his fingers in people's mouths. Oh, wait. He already does that last part.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were right the play was great. I do think you should have a part next year. However, the day after zayda saw that u tube video at moms house she repeatedly said that hurt charlie (including the British accent) Which made me realize that she doesn't know anyone named charlie, therefore, she was repeating what she heard exactly because she hasn't yet been tainted by the american version.