2.01.2008

Oh, go on and shut your channel already.

One of my favorite scrapbooking blogs has posted on it today a quote from Martha Graham that I found particularly inspiring:


There is a vitality, a life-force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time this expression is unique and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and be lost. The world will not have it! It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open.


So often I end up quitting on something because it isn't THE BEST, it isn't PERFECT. I like this idea that not only should I give myself permission to create and express myself, but in some way I actually have an obligation to do so. Seriously. It's for the benefit of THE WORLD. Then again, I often come across "expressions" of others whose business needs to be to shut their channel already. Shut it! Just shut it!

Anywho...just something I'm thinking about today.

No comments: