2.14.2008

Conversations I'll miss when Eli goes to third shift.

2:30 a.m. Eli crawls back into bed after giving Eliot a bottle.

"Do you hear that noise?"

"What, the humming?"

"Oh, good. I thought I was going crazy."

"Sounds like something outside."

"Go investigate!"

And since I've been lying there not sleeping anyway, I get up and wander out to the front porch, trying to spot the origin of the humming noise.

Back in bed.

"Did you find it?"

"Inconclusive. The porch is very cold. Mumford is asleep on the couch. That's my full report."

"Hunh. You'll need to type that up and submit it to either me or Mumford in the morning."

"I guess I'll submit it to Mumford, since you'll be at work."

"That's not good."

"Why not?"

"Because Mumford's much tougher than I am."

"So you're saying I better mind my p's and q's?"

"More like your kibbles and vittles."

"Hunh."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

No comments: