7.30.2009

County fair.

En route to the fair: I call this photo, "Moooom, I thought I told you not to interrupt me while I'm on a conference call!" Doesn't he look put out with me?! I'm sure I'll be seeing that look with increasing frequency in the not-distant-enough-future. (He was talking to Aunt 'Lecia & Z, btw. A rousing conversation that as far as I could tell involved mostly Daddy's work schedule and backhoes.)



You gotta love the county fair. The dust and smell of the animals, the blue ribbons, the sweet, chewy taffy, the rusting, ancient rides assembled by listless carnies...ah, bliss!

I took Mog this afternoon, and I can't imagine why I thought it was a good idea for me to do that by myself. By the time we left I was hot and sweating in my jeans, I really had to pee, I was broke, and I was cranky as hell. But the small boy had a good time, so I suppose it was worth it. Where else can you spend a completely ridiculous sum of money a mere $40.00 and come away with a tiny stuffed hedgehog, a balloon animal Snoopy flying a balloon airplane, and precious, precious memories?

Sometimes Mog amazes me with his fearlessness. He rode the cars by himself 3x, and waved at me everytime the ride whisked him past. Love, love. :)



He may be fearless, but his momma isn't, so we didn't get on this one:



But we did...


the flying elephants.



And he freaking loved it. (He's in the midst of yelling "cheeseballs" at the camera here, hence the wrinkled nose expression.)

And, this one:



I would have taken him to the tractor pull tonight, but I'm afraid his head would have blown off with the sheer force of joy. We simply couldn't risk it.

Also, I had to get the hell out of there before I was forced to use a port-a-potty.

No comments: