3.31.2008

Sharing an office space.

I'm sitting in my little hovel of an office space this morning, trying to work on lesson plans, trying not to listen to my officemate's student conferences, when her student becomes increasingly agitated, his voice rising, and rising, and rising, as he exclaims "I don't understand! This is YOUR point of view! How can you argue this?!"
And she's replying, with something like okay, you need to calm down and then suddenly your writing is BAD! and I'm the one grading your paper, so you better listen to me! Yikes.
I'm over here, hunkering down behind my desk, gnawing on my chocolate bunny. His head is entirely gone and I'm working on the basketfull of eggs he was carrying.
Can I REALLY be expected to grade papers under these conditions? Methinks not.

No comments: