12.31.2010

The case of the missing grill.

The Lego dump truck was almost complete, when, alas, we discovered one of the grill pieces had gone missing.
Exhibit A:

As everyone knows, a dump truck with half a grill is almost worse than no dump truck at all.

Eliot quickly determined that we should call and report this mystery to the police:
"I'll be the police guy, Mom. You make the report."

Eliot: "Okay. Now where were you last playing with the truck?"

Me: "Ummm...let's see...I think...I had it right down there on the floor, but I don't see it anywhere down there."

Eliot: "Uh-oh, this is bad. I better call in the fire trucks. And do we have any gum because police guys always have gum."

Me: "So we're going to launch a massive search for the grill piece?"

Eliot: "Yes. And can you call Plablo from the Yardigans and tell him to come and call the airport guys?"

Me: "Dude, if I do that, this place will be crawling with authorities."

Eliot: "That's right, baby. We gotta find that piece."

*****

This kid cracks me up. Seriously, I could not make this stuff up.
I'm looking forward to another year of hijinks and wild imagination. :)

1 comment:

chksngr said...

This just rocks! I love little boys!